3 cups self-raising flour
1 cup cream
1 cup Sprite
2 tbsp milk
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (425 degrees Fahrenheit).
Combine all three ingredients in a large bowl and mix lightly to form a soft dough.
Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and press the dough with your hands to a 2 centimeter thickness.
Use a 6 centimeter round cutter to cut out scones.
Place on a baking tray and brush the tops with milk.
Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Serve warm with jam and whipped cream.
More on Journey
- 4 Delicious Steps to a Very Vegetarian Christmas
- Spoilt for Choice: How Australians Are Enjoying a Very Multicultural Christmas
- Surprise! Kelly Rowland wows Parramatta with Coke No Sugar
- A Light Springtime Lunch: Prawn Bánh Mì With Fennel and Apple Slaw
- Run of a Lifetime: Hobart Teen Carries Olympic Flame to Rio