1. How will the auction work, how can you make a bid?
The eBay auction will run for five days from 8pm on Wednesday, September 7 to 8pm Monday, September 12.
Any member of the public can go to eBay and place a bid. Bidding terms and conditions will be available on eBay.
2. Why are you auctioning the letters separately?
We want as many people as possible to have the chance to own a piece of Kings Cross history.
The whole sign as one package is too large to fit in an average living space but bidders are welcome to bid on all letters individually if they choose.
3. When does the auction begin?
The auction at ebay.com.au/cocacola will run for five days from 8pm on Wednesday, September 7 to 8pm Monday, September 12.
If you'd like to receive a reminder email when the auction commences, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
No. The original ‘Coke sign’ will be auctioned with every cent raised going to The Wayside Chapel, a local charity that does exceptional work in the Kings Cross community.
5. How big are the letters?
The two largest letters, the ‘C’s’, are 5.43m tall, between 6.23 and 6.6m wide, 29cm deep and weigh 65kg each.
The smaller letters are between 2.75 and 2.81m tall, from 1.2 to 1.6m wide, 29cm deep and weigh between 25 and 40kg.
6. Will the successful bidders have to pick up the letters or will you deliver?
The letters will be prepared for collection by the successful bidders at a warehouse in Girraween in Western Sydney.
- Register as an eBay member: https://reg.ebay.com.au/reg/PartialReg
- Register to be added to the pre-approved bidder list: https://www/bidforgood.com.au/pre-approval
- Pay PayPal holding deposit of $50 via PayPal or credit card*
- You will receive SMS or email confirmation that your eBay user name has been added to the list of approved bidders
- Log into your eBay account
- Enter your maximum bid, and then click the Place Bid button
- Review your bid, and then click the Confirm Bid button**
*This requirement helps ensure that members involved are of legal age and serious about completing the transaction
** Don't bid on identical items in different listings if you only want one item. If you win both, you'll be obliged to buy both
More on Journey
- Delivering happiness around the world: The history of Coca-Cola’s Christmas Trucks
- Who Cares for the Carers?
- Endless Curiosity: How to Become Young Journalist of the Year
- How the Coke Billboard Hyphen is Starring in the Best Christmas Lights of 2016
Creative Communities: The
Coca-ColaAustralia Foundation Unveils First Flagship Partner