Like all parents, Danielle Tsogas’ life changed when she had her daughter, Lucia.
As a new mum in the grip of the enormous first weeks of parenthood, she realised the truth in the phrase ‘friends are the family you choose.’ Danielle knew she wanted a supportive community for her daughter, and realised more than most how hard it could be to make those connections.
“Imagine if you were hearing or sight impaired,” said the
“Imagine how hard it would be to just get around, let alone make new friends and enjoy new experiences. It can be terrifying, and so many people end up feeling isolated,” Danielle said.
So when, in 2017,
Lending a voice
In 2018, the
"These funds will allow Learning Links to increase their support to Holroyd High School, by way of providing a Speech Therapist who will work with children who have significant learning difficulties. Many of these children are refugees who haven’t attended school before, and their lives will change significantly because of this generous grant," Andrew said.
Here’s a list of 2018 employee connected grant recipients:
- The Goodes O'Loughlin Foundation Limited
- Oz Harvest Limited
- Bularri Muurlay Nyanggan Aboriginal Corporation
- First Hand Solutions Aboriginal Corporation
- Macquarie University
- Cowboys Charity Limited
- The Trustee for The Salvation Army (Vic) Social Work
- Learning Links
- Kids Under Cover
- Doncare (Doncaster Community Care and Counselling Centre, Inc).
- THREE for All Foundation Limited
- Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation
- Girl Guides Western Australia
- Far North Queensland Hospital Foundation
- Briswest Care Association Inc
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animal New South Wales (RSPCA)
- Operation Flinders Foundation Inc.
- START Foundation
- Wayside Chapel
- Sydney Story Factory
- Cerebral Palsy Alliance
- Mission Australia
- Sydney Children's Hospital Foundation
- NSW Friendship Circle