3 cups self-raising flour
1 cup cream
1 cup Sprite
2 tbsp milk
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (425 degrees Fahrenheit).
Combine all three ingredients in a large bowl and mix lightly to form a soft dough.
Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and press the dough with your hands to a 2 centimeter thickness.
Use a 6 centimeter round cutter to cut out scones.
Place on a baking tray and brush the tops with milk.
Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Serve warm with jam and whipped cream.
More on Journey
- Flavour Fusions: Local Food Bloggers Share Their Favourite Flavour Combos
- Take on Billy Slater and Mitchell Johnson with Powerade Powerscore
- Spoilt for Choice: How Australians Are Enjoying a Very Multicultural Christmas
- 6 Stories behind Australia's love for big things
- Surprise! Kelly Rowland wows Parramatta with Coke No Sugar