Did you know that only one-third of Australians get enough physical exercise?
To get things rolling, BMX World Champion, Sam Willoughby, visited Minto in Sydney’s South-West for a day of fun, fitness and the ride of a lifetime.
He surprised almost 800 teens with a brand new hybrid bike, which is as awesome on the street as it is off-road.
“I remember my first bike. It was a little 16-inch bike that mum and dad picked up from a garage sale,” Sam said.
“My bike has given me so much over the years and, especially through my young childhood, it provided me with a healthy lifestyle.The Happiness Cycle is my opportunity to give back — to give teens bikes, and try to share the joy that I got out of having a bike.”
Teens attending Minto’s Happiness Cycle event experienced the ultimate cycling day out, learning everything from bike mechanics and maintenance to core riding skills such as road safety, balance, awareness and endurance all on a specially built obstacle track.
More on Journey
- A Light Springtime Lunch: Prawn Bánh Mì With Fennel and Apple Slaw
- Flavour Fusions: Local Food Bloggers Share Their Favourite Flavour Combos
- 4 Delicious Steps to a Very Vegetarian Christmas
- Run of a Lifetime: Hobart Teen Carries Olympic Flame to Rio
- More than a Map: Six Apps for Awesome Travel Adventure