3 cups self-raising flour
1 cup cream
1 cup Sprite
2 tbsp milk
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (425 degrees Fahrenheit).
Combine all three ingredients in a large bowl and mix lightly to form a soft dough.
Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and press the dough with your hands to a 2 centimeter thickness.
Use a 6 centimeter round cutter to cut out scones.
Place on a baking tray and brush the tops with milk.
Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Serve warm with jam and whipped cream.
More on Journey
- Spoilt for Choice: How Australians Are Enjoying a Very Multicultural Christmas
- From Swimming Medals to Music Awards: Cody Simpson on Chasing Gold
- Like a Firecracker: How New Year’s Eve Goes Off
- On the Road: Australia’s 7 Best Summer Trips
- Taking A Stand At Work: Why we are Embracing Flexible Workstations