A Coca-Cola Australia employee shares her family's secret recipe for light, fluffy scones. Easy to make, they're perfect for entertaining friends and family at afternoon tea.
3 cups self-raising flour
1 cup cream
1 cup Sprite
2 tbsp milk
Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius (425 degrees Fahrenheit).
Combine all three ingredients in a large bowl and mix lightly to form a soft dough.
Turn out onto a lightly floured workbench and press the dough with your hands to a 2 centimeter thickness.
Use a 6 centimeter round cutter to cut out scones.
Place on a baking tray and brush the tops with milk.
Bake for 15 minutes until lightly browned.
Serve warm with jam and whipped cream.
More on Journey
- More than a Map: Six Apps for Awesome Travel Adventure
- A Light Springtime Lunch: Prawn Bánh Mì With Fennel and Apple Slaw
- Spoilt for Choice: How Australians Are Enjoying a Very Multicultural Christmas
- 7 Reasons Pets Make Us Happy and Healthy
- Dancing All The Way To Rio: Michelle Jenneke’s Golden Success