Grant applications currently closed
You must comply with all 4 eligibility criteria to be eligible for a
- Your organisation must have Deductible Gift Recipient status (DGR) Item 1. Proof of DGR status must be attached to your application.
- The program you are seeking funding for must be based in Australia.
- The program you are seeking funding for must target disadvantaged young people aged between 12 years and 25 years. We do not fund programs outside this age group.
- You are not seeking funding for:
- Grants to individuals, including students.
- Activities that collect funds for subsequent redistribution to other charities or individuals.
- Purchase of land or buildings.
- Overseas appeals.
- Sponsorship of marketing appeals, fundraising events or activities.Expeditions or overseas travel.
- Conferences or seminars.
- Social/Economic Marginalisation – may result from, but is not limited to, a breakdown in family/community support, low-income, poor education, drug and/or alcohol dependency, homelessness, physical or mental disability, being a refugee or of non-English speaking background or a combination of these factors.
- Marginalisation amongst Indigenous Youth – with an emphasis on school retention/attendance, poor literacy and numeracy, health issues, poor nutrition, social exclusion or a combination of these factors.
- Physical Marginalisation – specifically due to living in regional and remote areas of Australia.
- Mental Health Issues / Youth Depression.
Programmes addressing marginalisation should focus on achieving tangible outcomes in one or more of three core areas:
- Education – providing & enhancing basic skills to assist young people in improving their day-to-day lives.
- Leadership – enabling young people to develop confidence & leadership skills for their future.
- Wellbeing – promoting the physical fitness, nutrition education, mental health &/or social wellbeing of young people.
2016 applications are currently closed.
For enquiries please contact Lisa McSweeney at firstname.lastname@example.org